Sunday 10 April 2016

More Than This

Hi, long time no speak. I'm finding no time to blog at the minute, but I needed to tell you all about this book. More Than This by Patrick Ness, because I haven't stopped thinking about it.

I'm the sort of person to read a book in a whole day, and that's what I did with this book. I honestly started reading and couldn't put it down. I'm going to try and explain without giving too much away because I don't want to spoil it for you all.

Haven't you felt like there has to be more?
Like there's more out there somewhere, just beyond your grasp, if only you could get to it.

Such a vague blurb for a book which is always surprising you.  Patrick Ness does all he can to leave you guessing right till the last minute.

The story follows the protagonist Seth who, after drowning in the ocean, finds himself in a desolate town which he believes to be hell. Throughout the story we learn,through a series of flashbacks,more about Seth's life before he died. We also see Seth discover more about this 'Hell' that Seth has found himself in and why exactly he is there.

I don't want to give any more away, but the way this book is written is incredible, you have no idea which way the story is going to turn. The ending is the reason I can't forget about this book, Patrick Ness has written it to leave you think, leaving a lot to your imagination.

What book have you been loving recently?

Until Next Time, Katie x 

8 comments :

  1. This book sounds AMAZING and so original !! Added it to my Amazon wishlist right now :)

    Eleanorclaudie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I never knew what to expect. Aww that's great, I have so many books on my wishlist at the minute. X

      Delete
  2. I. must. read. this. Love the plot of it, ahh I have to read this in the summer!
    Dalal
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to, and let me know what you think of it when you eventually read it. It's such a good book x

      Delete
  3. I didn't know this book before I read your blogpost. It looks like so interesting! The last book I loved is a fantasy book by Paul Beorn, a french author. x

    Valérie | Queen Of Disaster

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read this and loved it! Cute post lovely x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete