Wednesday 2 December 2015

As Easy as Pi

Hey, so this post is a little different to usual, well a lot different because I'm bringing out my inner maths geek and talking about why I love maths so much.

Yep, who would have guessed that I'm the biggest Maths geek there is, and I'm proud to admit that. Maths has always been my favourite subject from as far as I can remember, and I love all aspects of it (Apart from Decision 1 in A level maths) there's something about maths that I find fascinating. I am hoping to go to University to study maths and become a maths teacher because as cheesey as it sounds I wan't to be a part of the reason someone has a passion for maths, just like my maths teachers have for me. 

Maths is the same in all languages (kind of a mean girls reference, but who cares) I love the fact that we can all communicate with this one language, it kind of unites us all together. 

You can see maths everywhere if you look close enough, even in nature. Did you know that the seeds in a flower show patterns of the Golden Ratio which comes from the fibbonacci sequence?

Maths has such an interesting history, I love reading about where all of the maths that we use today comes from. I love reading about the ancient Egyptians and the ancient Babylonians and where Pythagoras' Theorum originates from. 

There's a clear method, always a right or wrong answer and I like that perfectness, something that's Black or White and there is no in-between. 

The feeling you get when you have solved a really hard equation, or factorised an awful quadratic is just amazing. It might just be me, but you know. 

Anyway, back to the title of this post. When you ask me what my favourite number is, you might think 2, because that's the day I was born on. Or 7 because it might be my lucky number. But no, my favourite number is Pi, as weird as it sounds I am so fascinated by this number, it literally goes on forever and never stops, an irrational number which has such a big effect on maths today.

Now after reading this you may think that I'm a really weird person, but it's boring to be normal, and Maths is such a huge part of my life and I wanted to share it with you all. 


What do you have a passion for?


Until Next Time, Katie x 



8 comments :

  1. I loved this! It was so interesting to see why you love maths: it's not my favourite subject but I don't mind it. I definitely prefer English/language subjects though

    Tash Xx
    www.skindeep247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Tash, i hate English, i always have, but it's really cool that you like it xx

      Delete
  2. Who would've known if be so intrigued in a post all about maths! I see why you find maths so fun but I'm still a history and arts student which is weird because I love a couple of the sciences too - idek I'm a strange child haha
    Dalal x
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Dalal. I'm not your average girl either haha. But it's better to be strange than boring. Xx

      Delete
  3. Katie, you're so true to yourself, it just makes me respect you even more. I loved reading this post, thanks for sharing it xo

    thelifeofedie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Edie, It's such a big part of my life which sometimes I am too embarrassed to share. But I'm glad you enjoyed it xx

      Delete
  4. Oooo I actually learnt so much in a short post! The one thing I love about maths is also the clear method and that despite not getting the actual answer, you can have a rough guess. Lets just say I’m not the greatest at maths, but I’ve learnt to appreciate it more :)

    Ambra
    katiehopkinson.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that too. I'm glad you enjoyed the post. x

      Delete